Monday, December 14, 2020

Best games of 2020

It is around this time of the year I look back and give a nod to the games that I have been playing and enjoying in the year. This is purely my own experience and opinion, of course, so your mileage will vary considerably in terms of resonating with you.

This year I'm going to keep it REALLY short. 

 

Best PC Game of 2020 - Noita.

I still have not beaten the game, but love it anyway. I'm getting really close now. This is last years runner up, but this year it continued to improve and the replayability concern I have is clearly moot point, considering the hundreds of hours I have in the game by now. Will I still play it once I have "won"? I'm not sure, perhaps then might be time to try out some of the many many mods.


Best Mobile Game of 2020 - Solitaire : Bakers Game

I play the Solebon brand of solitaire, and the "Baker's Game". It is my go-to if I need to kill a few minutes. My win streak is now 169 games. It seems a bit sad that solitaire is the best game on a mobile, but hey, it is all about what you enjoy.

 

Most promising game 2020 : Cyberpunk 2077.  

I only just got this, and have not gotten a lot further than character creation. This could be the best game of the year, technically, but I think the experience will have to be pushed into next year. Let's see if it is as much fun as it took to make. I do trust CD Projekt RED. It will undoubtedly have a whole raft of bugs, but they will slowly sort them out. I will say that so far I have not noticed any, but like I say, I've just scratched the surface on this.

No comments: